1. It takes 70 muscles to speak a single word.
2. Your body has more than 650 muscles.
3. What is your body’s strongest muscle? It’s your heart – which beats approximately 100,000 times per day. That means that in just 10 days, your heart beats one million times. If you do sustained, intense exercise daily, you’ll reach a million even more quickly.
4. People who cross-train with a variety of exercise are more fit and less injury-prone than those who exercise using only one or two exercise modalities.
5. Visualization can help to improve your workout. By visualizing yourself completing the exercise before you actually perform it, then you will be able to perform the exercise with more intensity and effectiveness.
6. If you had every single muscle in your body work together at the same time, you could lift about 50,000 pounds.
7. If you are not a regular exerciser, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in your muscle strength.
8. By the time you have reached old age, you will have walked approximately 70,000 miles.
9. Walking either in water, against the wind, or wearing a backpack burns approximately 50 more calories an hour.
10. Watching yourself in a mirror while running on a treadmill, will make your workout go faster.
11. Only 13% of men are physically fit.
12. After the age of 30, women lose minimum 0.5% muscle mass every year.
13. Every time you go for a one hour walk your life expectancy increases by 2 hours.
14. Only about 22 percent of INDIAN adults engage in regular, sustained physical activity for at least 30 minutes five times a week, and only 15 percent exercise both regularly and vigorously.
15. Standing up straight burns more calories than slouching – just one more reason for good posture. Stand up straight. Good posture burns more calories than slouching
By utilizing these interesting DRS-fitness facts, you can pump up your workout, get to know your body and make your way to the best shape of your life.